Friday, June 8, 2018

Dumoine River Art Retreat 2018

A group of artists have been selected to create works of their choosing on site at the shores of the Dumoine this August. The name of the event is called Dumoine River Art for Wilderness (DRAW).
I participated in DRAW 2017 and created 33 or so en plein works while painting up a storm. They may be found here on my Fine Art America site.
I was fortunate enough to be included in the 2018 roster. Here is a link to that group. You may not recognize me with my bug suit on but that is really me. The black flies and mosquitoes were quite ferocious. The weather was also marked by thunderstorms and heavy rain. None of this stopped me from rising with the sun and painting all day looking for that special spark of inspiration. The above is what sunrise on the Dumoine River trees looks like. Here are the other paintings that I did in DRAW 2017.

DRAW and CPAWS is very important. Their mission is to preserve corridors for nature in this time of climate change. Artists step up the the plate to protect the important things that really matter. The Group of Seven most notably AY Jackson were instrumental in preserving what we know today as Killarney. I am proud to be part of this group...

I will post updates here. Phil the Forecaster

No comments: