Monday, July 15, 2024

The Artists of Georgian Bay

I was happy to be invited to participate in "The Artists of Georgian Bay".  As a solitary, almost hermit artist, I prefer to trace my own artistic journey. My goal is simply to learn and get better - both in art and life. It takes considerable time and effort to produce 2900 paintings - a number I expect to reach later this year. The intent is for the art to speak for itself freeing up time for me to simply create. I believe it is impossible to go anywhere new by following someone else. I want my artistic statements to be unique even though I certainly admire the art of many contemporary and past artists.  

As a result, I was quite surprised to be approached by Andrea Hillo, Publisher and Graphic Artist. I was even more surprised to discover that my friend Roy had already endorsed Andrea and her art projects

“Your books on area artists are important

contributions to Canadian culture.

I salute you.”
Roy MacGregor - the globe and mail, Author

Andrea can be contacted at PO Box 88 Harcourt, ON, K0L 1X0 or by email at: hillodesign@gmail.com

Here is a preview of the book and my contribution to the effort. I will have 25 copies available and will gladly sign or possibly remarque these. 

Art is a way of life. I surround myself with nature, enjoying the quiet beauty which can be found just outside my Studio door. Although I still love to get out and paint around Georgian Bay!

Here are some prized comments contributed during my artistic journey so far ... 

You are our plein air inspiration, descendant in spirit from Tom Thomson himself! Aleta Karstad
 Wonderful, fresh and dynamic Robert and Birgit Bateman

"Phil Chadwick's Canoe Lake series is wonderful. He not only captures the water and fall colours perfectly, but the 'personality' of the shoreline and cottages that make this lake so very special." Roy MacGregor

I never tire of looking at Phil’s paintings. He is a prolific Plein air painter who has masterfully perfected the art of bringing the distinctive wild, beautiful Canadian landscape to life. His work makes me homesick. And he is the best Plein air Companion! Leslie Allen - Allen Fine Art Studio

The Artists of Georgian Bay

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick

No comments: