Friday, March 18, 2016

1721 Twin Maples

My approach to plein air painting has evolved over the years. I keep it simple but also have a system that makes it easy to do so. I can share those.
Here is a plein air memory from February 2016 - just over a month ago.
After I named this painting I started to wonder if I had actually used the same name for these same two trees. I had! #1337 "Twin Maples" This time I painted them in the middle of the winter even though there was a total lack of snow due to the Super El Nino event. The blue birds even stayed around all winter. They kept me company while I painted. This view is different from the previous painting by about twenty feet. It was a very pleasant day for early February. There is no shortage of interesting things to do, even if it means outstanding in your field - that's a good thing, right?
I used a lot of paint and some bold strokes of colour on this little canvas. Fun.


http://fineartamerica.com/featured/twin-maples-phil-chadwick.html  This link takes you to the other "Twin Maples" first... funny!
http://fineartamerica.com/blogs/1721-twin-maples.html

No comments: