Monday, June 22, 2009

"Oxtongue Rapids"

I left the pleasant company of Lawrence Nickle early at 7 am in the morning. He understood that I had another day to paint and that I had to have an early start.
I ended up perched on a rock just of the shore of the Oxtongue River - "outstanding on a rock" you might say. The GPS shows me on the west bank but I was clearly on a rock surrounded by water. The biting bugs of all descriptions were absolutley ferocious! I had to retreat after an hour of laying in shapes and colours. I would continue to flinch and scratch for bugs for days even though there were no longer any biting bugs around.
This is the view toward the north and upstream alog the Oxtongue River.
Oils on medium dark burnt sienna oil tinted foundation on commercial canvas - 11 X 14

No comments: