Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ragged Falls

This is the view from partway up Ragged Falls looking upward toward the source of the torrent. I climbed up from the bottom of the falls looking for subject matter. There was so much of it. I didn't realize until I tried to climb out that Algonquin Park had erected great fences to keep people from going where I had climbed. Coming from the absolute bottom, I never encountered a fence until I tried to climb out. The falls are indeed ragged with many twists and turns among the torrent of water. The painting is not quite done... but you get the idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to discover your blogspot, Phil. Best wishes with your desire to get better at life, art, and fishing. You do have a way of capturing the essence of a moment. BarrytheBirder