Monday, June 24, 2013

Aleta Karstad - Plein Air Painter and Friend!

Aleta is currently in New Brunswick as the Artist in Residence in association with a very important Bio-blitz. She is really busy recording the special beauty of endangered species and habitat. Meanwhile her very learned, naturalist husband Fred studies the flora and fauna. This typically involves wading waist deep in marshes collecting samples. Together they produce a wonderful body of knowledge and art that hopefully will both educate and inspire others to care about the natural world that surrounds us.
Aleta and I have painted together on many occasions.
http://karstaddailypaintings.blogspot.ca/
Meanwhile back at Singleton Lake I have deployed all but one of my turtle nest protectors. There are turtles wandering around everywhere looking for that perfect spot to dig a nest. They don't seem to like my suggestions or the areas that I have prepared for them.

No comments: