Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Beach Lake Breeze Cumulus


Ahhh... some clouds finally developed and they were not to be squandered. These were cumulus clouds with some marginal towering cumuli that developed along the lake breeze front just inland from the shore line. They moved further inland as we painted. I explained the meteorology behind the clouds but I am not sure that the information was successfully delivered. When you paint plein air, the natural world does all of the science for you and we as artists just have to hone our observational skills. It was another 37 minute effort as I bounced around offering support to my fellow painters.


We finished the painting session with a swim in Lake Huron. It was a perfect end to a several days of some very fun painting. The water was also warmer than I remembered! Medium burnt sienna oil tinted 8x10

No comments: