Thursday, February 13, 2014

Winter Forested Slope

This is the view to the southeast and the forest on the adjacent arm of the Frontenac Arch. These hills all align from northeast to southwest. I liked the way the deciduous tree trunks mixed with the afternoon shadows and the snow. I had to be careful not to overwork this little gem.I liked how the paint was going on the canvas so for me it is a gem. I typically try to make my art “perfect” but the perfection really lies in the imperfections and the bold strokes. Let them be. Perfect is something I strive for but never attain so I use the word with a huge grain of salt and a smirk.
The northwesterly winds were still chilly enough to push me back inside to my studio window. At least I started this outside. It was quite a winter for painting. 

No comments: