Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Singleton Forest Greens"

It was too hot to work and I had paint on the palette. The clouds were not cooperating so I decided to try one of the small panels and play with the colours of green that bordered Long Reach Lane. I mix all of my greens although I do have some green oils in my kit. I rarely use the store bought greens. The deer flies kept me hopping so that I did not overwork the panel. I laid the paint on thick with lots of texture from the brushes. The smooth panel surface is conducive to the "love it and leave it" paint strokes. You really shouldn't go back and touch the stroke a second time. The result of multiple strokes is thicker mud. This painting is only 5x7 inches in size.

1 comment:

wendyytb said...

I really like the look of this. Love the greens!