Saturday, October 18, 2014

Killarney Foggy Sunrise

I set up on the east end of an island. The sunrise and meteorology of the sky was very interesting. Fog and stratus was just lifting due to the strong solar heating of Killarney, even in late September. It took me a while to paddle to my painting spot even though I had started early. The fog on the slopes east of Grace Lake had Kelvin-Helmholtz curls indicating an upslope flow. Meanwhile the tops of the stratus above the mountain tops had southerly curls at their top due to wind shear. Crepuscular rays were even evident at least in a transitory fashion. There was even a white line of sun glint on the eastern horizon of Charlton Lake. Meteorologically, I had to paint this scene.
http://fineartamerica.com/blogs/killarney-foggy-sunrise.html

No comments: