Monday, October 6, 2014

The Notch

This view is looking southeasterly toward the “Notch”. Grace Lake is in the valley just down from the Notch. Frood Lake is in the foreground with the slightly more distant Cranberry Lake in front of Grace Lake. I watched gusts of wind approach across Frood Lake only to feel them first hand a few minutes later. It was still very chilly as I stood on the very edge of the "Road to Willisville" - sounds like one of the series of seven comedy films starring Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, and Dorothy Lamour - but this has not been made into a movie just yet.
Road to Singapore (1940) Road to Zanzibar (1941) Road to Morocco (1942) Road to Utopia (1946) Road to Rio (1947) Road to Bali (1952) The Road to Hong Kong (1962)
This is an iconic view painted by A.Y. Jackson among others of the Group of Seven. I believe this painting demands to be converted into a much larger format – something I will do this coming winter dominated by my friend the “Polar Vortex”.
I am saving up for a good camera and will post that image of this painting on Fine Art America when I succeed :>))

No comments: