Thursday, September 11, 2014

Southampton Art School - Winds, Waves and Weather - Southampton Showers

After the wedding the skies became even more ominous. I turned to paint the beach looking northward and to catch the developing towering cumulus. These clouds developed so much that we got rather wet so the line passed over the beach. The oil paints took the shower well and I just continued painting. Water dripped down the canvas and the palette was soaked. The oil paint didn't care and if I pushed a bit harder, I was able to grind the pigment into the canvas. The effect on the painting was pleasing anyway so all was good. There w as no thunder although a couple of times I thought I caught the flicker of lightning in the distance. By this time I was down to one participant - Karen.
It didn't rain a drop in downtown Southampton a scant kilometre away...

No comments: