Tuesday, May 12, 2015

1572 Paddling

It looks as though these very vocal pair of Canada geese were out for just a paddle in the east basin of Singleton Lake. They were actually "getting out of Dodge" because I had shooed them away. They were the most aggressive of the four or five pairs in the area so I tried to level the playing field just a bit. The wake caused by their hasty retreat from my advances made the painting even more interesting. These geese were not out for just a Sunday paddle. They were escaping from the white haired plein air artist... Notice how the goose on the right is looking over his shoulder - at the crazy person...
These are the same geese that appear in #1557 "Homecoming". I used my handy dandy holder so that I could easily paint all of the side of the gallery mounted canvas.
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/paddling-phil-chadwick.html


No comments: