Saturday, December 6, 2014

562 January Afternoon

Although I typically include paintings on this blog as soon as they come off the easel, I have also been blogging art that has been drying for a decade or two. I think they are fully dry now.
This is another memory from Thursday, January 17th, 2002...  It was a brutally windy day. Although it wasn't cold, the wind blew me off the hill. I painted this toward the northwest. There were strong snow squalls both to the northeast and to the southwest. At times, these squalls crossed the farm and I could barely make out the hills.
The painting is the average type conditions between the squalls. I tried a dry brush technique on the rough canvas. The canvas had been primed with a dark coat of raw sienna.
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/january-afternoon-phil-chadwick.html


No comments: