Monday, December 1, 2014

565 The Snow Plow

This is the plow that I hook up to my tractor. It has been snowed in on its palette support in the corner of the yard by the fence. The snow had ended and I was warmed up again after lunch so I decided to make the most of the day.
When I headed across the yard, the sun was shining and the light was really good on the plow and the fence line. The shadows were colorful as well. Within a half hour, after I had the sketch laid in, we were back in blizzard conditions. I settled for something in between for lighting.
The wind was really strong from the west. I had to fill a pail with snow and use that as an anchor for the tie down rope from the easel. It worked so well that I think I will include a pail with my plein air kit.
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/the-snow-plow-phil-chadwick.html
http://fineartamerica.com/blogs/565-the-snow-plow.html



2 comments:

wendyytb said...

Very nice! You certainly have more snow than we do in Beaverton!

Love the way you've captured the shadows!

The Art of Phil Chadwick said...

I have always liked snow :>)) Thank you Wedny